Most of the ladders are made from wood, metal and fiberglass. The material you are choosing for your ladder depends on various things some of them are the budget of your project, the requirement of your project and the transportation requirement.
The ladders are mostly made up of metals and it has various advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of metal ladder include:
- They are lightweight: Ladders made of aluminum are lightweight and portable. The projects that require frequent ladder relocation, all of time and energy could be saved by using this type of ladder.
- Cost-effective: If you are planning to buy ladder in large amount, then this would be cost effective. As aluminum is not expensive.
- Durable: Aluminum is corrosion resistant and will not corrode in extreme climates. This is a good option if you want to get the most out of your ladder.
The disadvantages of metal ladders are:
- It conducts electricity: An electrical circuit can be completed between an electrical source, the ladder, and your body using an aluminum ladder. Aluminum ladders can induce shocks, which can lead to mishaps and serious injuries if you come into contact with a live wire when standing on one while working on an electrical job. An aluminum ladder may not be the greatest choice if your tasks regularly require electricity.
- Temperature: Aluminum ladders isn’t a good choice if you have to work in extreme weather like extreme hot or cold.
Wood: There are various advantages of wood ladders. Let’s have a look at them.
- Wood is an insulator: As we all know that wood is an insulator which means it can’t conduct electricity. So it’s safe for electric project.
- Affordable: if you want to buy wood ladders in large amount, then it would be cost effective because wood is inexpensive.
- Resistant to the environment’s temperature: It would be a good choice as you can comfortably work with this type of laddersin extreme weather conditions.
The disadvantages are as follow:
- Heavy: They are heavy in weight if you compare it with the aluminum ladders as they are light weight.
- They are not durable: If wooden ladders are left outside for lengthy periods of time in the rain, snow, or excessive heat, they may decay. If you plan to store your ladder outside or connect it to the outside of your company’s work vehicles, wooden ladders may not be the ideal choice.